Welcoming our new students and teachers to Rotorua Intermediate.
Our Mission Statement
“Rotorua Intermediate enabling progress and achievement within a collaborative and innovative learning community targeting personalised and globally connected learning experiences to prepare our learners for an ever-changing world”
Support Our Local Businesses
CARING SUPPORTING NURTURING
Manaakitanga means the process of showing kindness, respect, generosity and caring for others. At RIS we have developed a comprehensive School Wide Awards system to help promote and recognise students achievements in these areas. These awards motivate the students to demonstrate the 3Rs in all areas of their learning and help foster Manaakitanga throughout the school.
01. Respect for Self
Developing a strong sense of self-respect can help you fulfill your potential, develop healthy relationships, and make everyone around you see you as a person who is worthy of respect.
02. Respect for Others
Develop an understanding of the importance of respectful behavior and become aware of the many ways in which we can show respect toward each other.
03. Responsibility for your Actions
Taking responsibility for your actions and accepting the role you play in shaping your life and relationships is a vital trait of healthy development.
Habits for learning
- Adapting when disruption is caused through new possibilities
- Open minded to suggested ideas and 'blue sky' thinking
- Actively reflects and adapts current strategies to explore improvements
- Learning together to achieve a common goal
- Actively participates and contributes ideas and skills
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with others
- Inclusive of everyone to achieve positive outcomes
- Seeks multiple solutions for problems
- Inquisitive about understanding their world and enhancing it
- Creative and uses their imagination to design possible solutions
- Demonstrates perseverance to progress
- Committed to using their potential to overcome difficulties
- Considers new possibilities when unsuccessful
- Plans and takes responsibility for their learning
- Demonstrates innovative approaches to manage tasks and challenges
- Sets actions and reviews their smart goals regularly
- Is curious about ‘why’, so asks questions
- Uses questioning as a power to motivate learning
- Seeks knowledge, skills, relationships and experiences to make sense of their world